Today’s websites are much more complex than the old “static” websites that were once the norm on the Internet. Certain businesses require that their website has entries from multiple users all over the globe and asking one person to organize this would be feasible. This content must be organized and integrated into the website almost instantaneously in order to create an even flow of business and the look of a “clean” site.
Fortrust offers a fully customizable Content Management System (CMS) in addition to open-share CMS such as Drupal, Joomla and WordPress. CMS has the power to transform your site from a static website to an interactive marketing tool for your business. You can update your site content on a regular basis, to help cater to a continually changing market. This will do wonders for your SEO; fresh content will help your site rank higher on search engines like Google, Yahoo! and Bing. Having control over your site will save you both time and money in the long run while giving you the peace of mind that your site is within your hands.
It is common practice for an Internet site to have various contributors; however, there has to be a way for the owner of the site to know when someone has changed or added content to their site and be able to edit or change it as necessary. You may also need a “library” of media to be available for all users of pictures or videos that are acceptable to be published with their content. These are typical features that are integrated into any CMS.
Some questions to ask yourself to decide if you need a CMS are:
- Are their multiple contributors to the sites content?
- Are all changes currently going through a webmaster?
- Do you need access anywhere and anytime to your website for editing purposes?
- Do you need to restrict the privileges of various contributors?
- Is there a need to be alerted when new content has been added by a contributor?
- Are you creating significant charges to your website developer because of the need to change content on a regular basis?
If the answer to any or all of these questions was a “yes,” then a CMS solution is exactly what is needed to make your business more cost effective and better organized.